Guidelines for participation for students:
- To participate, you will need to have a "Teacher Sponsor" at your school who can confirm your enrolment status (i.e. your eligibility) and submit your work for you.
- Once you have found your Teacher Sponsor, you will then need to register your intention to participate by completing this online Registration Form.
Registration deadline is: Sunday, October 13th 2013, midnight.
- You may collaborate with up to 2 other registered Peel students, forming a group of 3 for this contest. This is given that all team members satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- You will need to complete all waiver forms required and submit them to your Sponsor Teacher on time (See Student Participation Guide).
- When creating your animation, recommended file formats for submission are: .mov, .avi, and .wmv (you are responsible for the proper viewing of your animation file; failure to do so will jeopardize your opportunity to have your work judged!)
- Your animation must NOT exceed 4 minutes in length and 500 MB in file size
- You will submit two (2) copies of your animation to your Teacher Sponsor on a USB key: one will include your name (along with group members' name if applied) and one without any names. Both copies will have the Peel Science Animation Festival logo displayed throughout the animation.
- Your animation must be entirely your original work and must NOT infringe the intellectual property or industrial property and other rights of any third party. It therefore requires you to cite all sources and include them in your credits run.
- If you decide not to continue with your participation after registering, please email us and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggested roles for teachers in this contest:
- If you are a teacher and are interested in helping the students at your school and this contest, the organizing team thank you for your involvement!
- Participation in this contest entails that you agree to act as a Teacher Sponsor for the students at your school.
- As a Teacher Sponsor, you will:
--> liaise with the event organizing team members (a.k.a. Fellowship of
Peel Science Animation) to provide information related to the contest
and festival to the students at your school.
--> make yourself known to your students that you are a Sponsor Teacher
at the school so students can approach you for permission to register.
--> help promote the contest at your school (event posters will be available
in the fall of 2013-2014 school year).
--> ensure that participants complete and collect all consent forms (see Guide)
--> collect students submissions (two copies per student) and provide a
record of the names of the student participant.
(see Teacher Forms, page 2 and 3).
--> test students submissions to make sure the files are playable / viewable.
--> request an administrator at your school to authorize the submission.
This acts as a confirmation for our planning team that the students are
in fact eligible to participate (see Teacher Forms, page 1).
--> mail all submissions and completed paper work/forms in a package
labelled Peel Science Animation Festival to Louise Arbour
Secondary School via board courier system.
- up to six 1st place entries (one per topic)
- up to six 2nd place entries (one per topic)
- up to six 3rd place entries (one per topic)
From the above 18 top entries:
- one Best entry for I-LEARN challenge
- one Best entry for I-ENVISION challenge